VOLUNTEERS & FOSTERS
Little Angels is seeking individuals and families who are willing to volunteer their
time to foster our service dogs in training.
Applicants for this program should:
Have a love for dogs.
Display a patient and professional demeanor.
Have a desire to assist others.
Show a POSITIVE attitude.
Each foster receives
* Healthy, temperament tested puppies and/or young adult dogs to foster within their home.
* Paid medical for their foster dogs.
* Dog crate, bowls, leash, collars and toys for their foster dogs.
* Monthly instruction on dog training and behavioral management.
* Continuous support and guidance.
* The blessing of assisting the disabled through their efforts.
Fosters must be willing to
* Provide a loving, safe environment to house the dog. Apartments are okay.
* Attend a once-monthly commitment at our training clinic with other fosters and trainers, held the
first Saturday of every month in Coronado.
* Attend private instructional classes at our kennel in Santee at least once every two months, to
exchange/receive a new foster dog or puppy.
* Take the dog out into public settings a minimum of 3 times per week. Examples include visits to
grocery stores, restaurants, movie theaters, malls, and parks.
Our program is successful because each dog is housed with a different foster at least every two
months. Fosters receive a private instructional class with each new dog or puppy taken into their
care. Most of our dogs graduate as working assistance dogs because they receive a broad range
of socialization by living with many different fosters, in varying home environments, and are able to
visit new public locations regularly. Our fosters receive skilled education and continuous support
which allows our dogs to be successful.
Interested Applicants will follow these steps
Step 1) Request a 'Foster Application' by emailing email@example.com. Be sure to
specify your request as a 'FOSTER Application'.
Step 2) Applicants will be asked to attend a 2 hour group interview and introductory class.
Step 3) We will schedule a home inspection to ensure the safety of the dogs while living in your
home. We can offer suggestions to make sure your living space is prepared for your new furry
Step 4) Approved applicants will then attend 2 separate instructional classes. These classes are 4
hours in length and will be held on two consecutive Saturdays.
Step 5) Our educated and prepared fosters will then be scheduled to pick up their first dog and
attend a 1 hour instructional class designed specifically for that dog. There will be an additional 1
hour class for each additional dog received. This allows each dog to be treated as an individual.
Thank you for your interest in our fostering program.
Together we will change lives . . . one dog at a time.
|Listen to our